home
news
features
school
links
about
archives
contact us
 

Campus and Location

Campus

Traditional European Old Building

Our College's architecture is an interesting combination of traditional European and modern styles. The Old Building, constructed in 1920, houses the Form 1 to 3 classrooms as well as the Form 4 & 5 art stream classrooms. The Chapel Block on the west side houses the Old Hall, Music Room, Science Laboratories, Lecture Room and School Chapel. The New Building, which replaced the original Club Germania on the site, houses the Form 4 & 5 science stream classrooms as well as all Form 6 & 7 classrooms. The Physics, Chemistry and Biology laboratories as well as the library and both junior and senior computer rooms are located in this building. The New Hall is also part of this structure. Our primary and kindergarten sections now occupy their own premises in Wood Road, Wan Chai.

Location

St. Joseph's Path

St. Joseph's College is comprised of three buildings: the old building which was erected in 1920, the chapel block which was completed in 1925 and the new building which was opened in 1963 by Sir Robert Black. In 1968, in order to admit more students, the primary section was transferred to an independent establishment at 48, Wood Road, Wanchai.

In 1974, St. Joseph's Kindergarten was established on the top floor of the Primary School Building. After years of expansion, St. Joseph's College now provides education for about 4,200 students in the Kindergarten, Primary School and College.

Our College is located at 7 Kennedy Road which is only five minutes walk from Central - the heart of Hong Kong - and our neighbours include St. Joseph's Church and Hong Kong Park. St. Joseph's Path, which joins Kennedy Road and Garden Road, runs along the east side of our College.

 


   

 

© Copyright 2002-2003 St. Joseph's College Web Publishing Board. All Rights Reserved.
Access to, and use of Green and White Online, is provided to you subject to the following Terms and Conditions.